Please see my better blog...Serpie the Spider

Wanna see my better blog? Just click here to go to www.SerpieTheSpider.com.

How do I delete files on my Mac using the keyboard?

Problem: I want to delete stuff on my Mac by using the keyboard but Command-Delete doesn't work.


Solution: WindowsKey-Backspace

Hold down this key

Then press this key
Quick info:

The Apple keyboard only has one key for erasing stuff. It calls itself the "delete key," but it's more like a backspace key.

Windows keyboards have two keys for erasing stuff:

1) the delete key

2) the backspace key



Details: You probably have a non-Apple keyboard. The "delete" key on an Apple keyboard is actually a backspace key. The Apple keyboard doesn't have a real delete key. To delete text (i.e. erase the stuff in front of the cursor, not behind it), you need to press the Windows key and hold it down while you press the backspace key.


Rant: I'm in the finder or the preview, and I want to delete something without using the mouse. I looked it up, and Command-delete doesn't work. Instead, I get this irritating noise, but it doesn't delete anything. Why is it so difficult? Isn't there a way to freaking delete files without using the mouse to move them to the trash? Is this retarded or what? I just want to save my arms a little and be able to delete, erase, remove a file using the keyboard and not the mouse. On my Mac. I want to do this on my new Mac. I need a solution to deleting using the keyboard.



No comments:

Post a Comment