Please see my better blog...Serpie the Spider

Wanna see my better blog? Just click here to go to www.SerpieTheSpider.com.

On my iPad, how do I select in the middle of a word

Problem: on my iPad, I typed something wrong and I want to edit it in the middle instead of typing the whole thing in again.

Solution: put your cursor right where you want to edit. Here's how:



  1. touch the area you want to put the cursor
  2. hold the stylus or your finger against the ipad for a second

problem solved


Background (no need to read this unless you're interested)

It seems like it always wants to put the cursor down at the end of the word. Sometimes I could put the cursor down in the middle of the word, but sometimes not. It was random because I didn't know how to place the cursor. After retyping blackcarsarethebest and fixing it to blackcatsarethebest about a million times, I decided to google: ipad how to select middle of word. That brought me to a discussion of cursors on an iPad forum and now I know. Yay!


Whoa, I also came across an excellent site called www.makeuseof.com. Here's a link to tips on efficient typing.  Oh, and here's another article and standing at your computer.  Who is this Bakari Chavanu and why is he so awesome? 


I tell you, there's a lot of spam and total garbage on the Internet, but there are also people who are putting out great info. It's hard to describe, this Internet culture of sharing information, keeping it updated, creating new things and sharing them with other people. It's not overstating it to say this it elevates the human condition. 


So today I went from being annoyed at having to type too much to correct my errors, to searching for a solution to my problem, to sharing my solution with others to being inspired once again by the Internet. Cool!



1 comment: